Monday, January 16, 2017

Jump of faith!

    I didn't think I would be on another adoption journey, but God had a different plan.  I haven't thought about adoption for a few years,but lately I have found myself running into adoption home coming stories or logging onto face book to see the faces of waiting orphans. Once again my heart broke for all the waiting children around the world. Children who are lying in cribs staring at the same four walls day after day. Children who's fate was chosen for them because they were born with Down syndrome or other special needs.
My heart broke for all the courageous moms and dads who had to make the decision to give their child a better life.
    
  A few days later I was standing in the bathroom getting ready for the day, and I had this overwhelming feeling that there was a child that needed us. I tried to convince God we were not the ones to go on this journey again. I tried to tell him that it was exhausting and hard and it just wasn't going to work. I asked him to take this feeling from me. A few days later I called Cianna into my room to tell her about our surprise trip to Disney land. I told her I had a surprise She looked at me with this excited look on her face and said "Your going to the orphanage to bring home a baby brother?" I told her NO! but we are going to Disney land. her excitement turned into disappointment and she said "that's okay too I guess but, please go and get me a brother." I continued to tell God NO! and he kept saying YES! I was in the car with Mariah and she was scrolling through my friends face book page. This friend had adopted a baby boy with down syndrome and Mariah loved him! she would watch the videos and look at the pictures of him everyday. she looked at me said "Mom, you need to buy me a brother." ( I guess she thinks we buy children lol.) I told her  that we were not going to buy a brother. she told me that she was sad because they are in an orphanage and they need a mom and a dad and I need to go get him right now!  By this time I was beginning to see God's plan start to unfold as he touched my heart through the words of my little girls. I told Jon about the experiences I was having and how I felt that we were supposed to help a little boy. He expressed to me that he had felt that the girls and I were right. He didn't know when or how but, he knew that he was supposed to have a son.(He will tell his side of the story in another post).  I tried to let it go thinking that maybe this would happen sometime in the future. We couldn't adopt from China because we haven't been married long enough so I thought we would just wait, but oh no! that was not God's plan I found myself messaging my friend and asking her about her adoption and telling her that we were feeling like we were supposed to adopt a baby boy with Down syndrome. A few minutes later she sent me this picture.  
                     
My heart melted into a big puddle of tears as I studied  every part of his little face. His tiny little nose, and pretty lips. Oh how I longed to kiss his chubby little cheeks.  I knew without a doubt that this was the little boy we were to pursue. It seemed so crazy! Nothing about it made sense. I knew that others looking in would think we were crazy and wonder what would make us want to do this? God, that is what makes us want to do this, because he loves this little boy more that we could ever imagine and he has a plan for his life and part of that plan is for us to give him the gift of a family. It is a crazy Jump of faith not leap but, a huge jump into the unknown. God doesn't ask us to do easy things he pushes us beyond what we think we are capable of, and shows us who he is and how strong we really are.  I have prayed many prayers asking God to give us the strength to face all that lies before us.  A few scriptures came to me that replaced my fears with complete peace knowing that he is by our side.                                                                                                                                   
Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous do not be afraid; do not be discouraged for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."
Proverbs 3:5-6  " Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding;In all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight."  
Many people have been praying for this little boy to find a family and we ask that you pray too. We have felt an urgency to get to him, and so we ask you to pray that the paper work process will run smoothly and quickly, and that any obstacles to us getting to him quickly will be removed. We have a  part of the funds but, are going to need to raise the rest,  if you feel prompted to  to help bring him home you can donate through our You Caring page at                                                                          https://www.youcaring.com/thejonandangelahiattfamily-737602  or through Reeces Rainbow as soon as we get that set up. Thank you for your support and prayers as we embark on this journey.                                                                                                                                                   





No comments:

Post a Comment